Patients who suspect they have suffered an unwanted side effect (an adverse drug reaction) to their medicines can report this, as can their carers or parents. The easiest way to report is electronically. You can submit reports:
- Online at www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard.
- By downloading the Yellow Card app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. The Yellow Card app includes the ability to receive updates on medicines of interest to you, and numbers of Yellow Cards reported to the MHRA.
- By downloading a paper reporting form. Paper forms may also be available from NHS outlets such as GP surgeries and community pharmacies,
- By telephone, by calling 0800 731 6789 for free, Monday to Friday between 10am and 2pm. You can leave a message outside these hours and a member of the MHRA team will get back to you.
For more information visit the MHRA website.
The Yellow Card Scheme is not able to give you medical advice. If you have concerns about your health or symptoms please discuss it with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist, or contact NHS 111:
- Visit 111.nhs.uk
- Call 111 from any phone. Ask for an interpreter if you need one
- Textphone: 18001 111
- Use the NHS 111 British Sign Language service for your country. For full details visit https://www.nhs.uk/nhs-services/urgent-and-emergency-care-services/when-to-use-111/.